Friday, May 13, 2011

Sometimes the Sun is too Sunny

I don't like hot.

I grew up in the Rose City and am truly an Oregonian at heart.  And I am very much my Mother's daughter which means my ideal day is sunny but overcast with a breeze cool enough that I still need a hoodie.

There are a lot of little things that make me strange.

I like me strange.

I felt lazy today.  It may have been all the Russian juice I drank the night before.  It may have also been the wretched wake up call I had before my R.E.M's were done remming of some lawn contraption that sounded like a monster swallowing my bed.  Whatever the cause I didn't feel like doing a whole lot.  I wanted to rest, to write, to be alone. 

And then I looked out my window and saw the sun.
And I told myself, It's nice today.You should be outside.

So I took myself on several errands.  And I realized what I craved more than sun was isolation.  People can be so very draining.  They don't mean to be.  They just demand a lot.  And accept so very little.  And I can only give so much before I've emptied my reserves.  And I think I was kind of on 'E.' 

So I sat in the sun and enjoyed my delicious lunch. 
And I laughed at the black bird dumpster diving for crumbs and sipped in the blue sky. 
And I looked down at my hot skin and I'd had enough.

I came home and started doing what I'd woke up wanting, what I thought wasn't good enough.
And I finally felt relaxed.
And thought for today, the sun looked much more radiant shining through my window.

I was the only one on the other side.
And that was all the warmth I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment