Sunday, July 31, 2011

Found Notes

I remembered who I was before I spent time thinking of you.
I forgot what creative delight thoughts could possess!
Shame on thee for cluttering this mind, for taking space where beauty deserves to reign.

I thought the thoughts I held I cherished but I was deceived.
The toxins I held to my heart smothered me when I breathed them in and I lied and told my watering eyes that pain was love.

But I found a music box and played a song I forgot I knew.
The melody made it easier to breathe and I felt for the first time the sweet oxygen that existed yesteryear, when hope was full and love shouted from roof tops.

I dug a once treasured novel from the heaps of cast offs and opened the dusty pages.
The words danced between my eyes and twirled a smile on my lips as I recalled that girl who once was inspired by the moon.

And I realized how few love with such ardent fervor, how then few minds must long to comprehend the kind of connection that prompts insomnia; to create, to discover, to know a portion of the shattered puzzle, the chaos that brings tears with such smiles.


No one holds these hands and at last I see--the only one waiting to waltz, to run, the only one needed to play the music, was me.

No comments:

Post a Comment