Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Girly Narcissistic Voyage

I have a profile on Okcupid.

It makes me feel pretty.

Every day I get messages from guys I'm not interested in telling me all sorts of lovely and amusing things.

Sure the guys making the declarations of adoration are not exactly Prince Charmings (Cinderella's or my own) but still, it makes a gal feel purty to hear she is noticed by so many eyes, albeit cyber eyes.

That is why I decided to start an I'm So Pretty journal.
Think of it as the Pretty Pretty Princess game but for adults.
Every time I get a little treasure of a compliment from some undesirable I'm going to write it in my I'm So Pretty journal.
I may even add stickers and dot hearts over my eyes.

Why?
Because I can.
And because it's fucking ridiculous.
And because the next time I so much as contemplate feeling sad over being man less I'm going to flip open my tiny book of narcissism and read over and over again how I'm SO PRETTY!

Yes, this makes me a common attention whore.

But I think it also makes me savvy.

Girls spend so much time being hard on themselves and so little time celebrating themselves.

I celebrate my beauty every day.
And starting today I'm celebrating those who celebrate me.

They are smart undesirables.
And a keen reminder that there's a whole sea of sailors waiting for this fair maiden.

I'm simply waiting for one who takes my breath away.

The rest can feel free to fill up my journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment