Wednesday, October 19, 2011

my mistake

you threw off my groove
you shattered my plan
a lust game of sheer taking
my temporary high of a man

your role was that of Lacuna
my distractions replacement
but you hastened to the boat alone
you scurried away from our arrangement

f-f-friends, you stuttered carelessly
lies spilling from lips to ears
confusion clouded contentment
grey shadows lurked in mirrors

so those eyes that swam with mine
compelling beams enticing kisses
a shaky wall now stands erect
tallying three hits and countless misses

my pearls worn vainly in jest
tossed before some strangers shoes
unknowing of my genuine surprise
to find I am a mistaken muse

so each song shall sound unheard
and each film shall play unseen
as each memory forgets to be remembered
some crazy girl merely bleeding green

No comments:

Post a Comment