Friday, November 12, 2010

Awake is the new sleep

I'm tired of being patient and mature
I want to be spoiled and selfish and important
Just for tonight, just for right now
I'm taking this moment in all self indulgence
And declaring it as mine
If you're reading this then you know
The complexity of all that no one sees
But I can't avert my eyes
The numbness that's trying to work its way up from my toes
Has been halted
I don't want to be another drone
I see them
The mass of quiet desperation
And I offer out my hand
As they look right through me
Seeing only shadows
I want something contrary
Complex Heavy Consuming
I can't become all I ran away from
Surely then The Resa will fade
And the inevitability frightens me
That as I blink your shell will harden
And you will embody the robots I fear
Clouds of black and white washing past
Yet this grey stands alone
Waiting
And free

No comments:

Post a Comment