Sunday, November 14, 2010

My dearest friend

I was writing a letter today to a girlfriend, someone who has been going through a really rough time and I realized as I was writing that the encouragement I was offering her was just as much for myself.
Sometimes it's really easy to remind someone else how to keep a positive outlook yet look in your own mirror and second guess the reflection staring back at you.
It's harder to keep a clear head regarding yourself.
You know you so well after all and see all that so few ever do.
But take a moment to remind yourself to remember the truth and disregard the lies.
There are so many circling about sometimes they grow so loud, drowning out your hope.

I don't know if this makes you feel any better but even after the rollercoaster I was put through I spent this weekend missing him.  And I thought what's wrong with me?!  And I know you must be going through that too.  Mother always says our relationships, our love, is an extension of ourselves, so the good we see in the bastards we love is from us.  We love with the purity of our own hearts and trust that's what the men we choose to offer it to will give us in return.  And then when they don't, we feel our hearts have failed us. 
But have hope!  You are such a vibrant, caring, beautiful, amazing woman and don't doubt for a second that there exists a man who is not such a bone head that he won't see that. 
You are lovely and anyone who fails to open his eyes and see that is a fool. 
And you should pity him.
Remember you can never go wrong believing the best of people.

Stay strong.
Trust in the plan He has for you.
Believe in the impossible.
Hope for the moon.
And I will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment