Saturday, January 8, 2011

Lighten up buddy, it's only brunch

This afternoon I met one of my favorite friends for brunch at the Screen Door.  This restaurant is located at literally the dividing line of Burnside so on one side of the street is East and right across is West.  Eerie.

When we walked in the place was packed but fortunately they had one of those self serve coffee stations set up at the bar and if I can drink coffee while I wait I don't mind if it takes 46 minutes 'til I get my eggs and toast.  As I approached the counter I noticed the waiter at the bar was pretty cute and even though I hadn't yet had my coffee I thought I'd flex my flirt.  I was rocking my blue plaid flannel shirt, black fringe dress, red boot combination, very 'I'm artsy and girly and I really put no thought into throwing this outfit together' and I was feeling pretty cute (if I do say so myself, thank you).  As I took my white ceramic cup and attempted to fill it with coffee I pumped twice and noticed four ounces was about as much as the coffee urn had left to give me.  I caught the eye of the cute waiter and flashing my most flirtatious smile said, "I'm stealing all the coffee!" He came closer and needed me to repeat my clever way of saying 'The coffee pot's empty, buddy, think you could handle fillin' 'er up?' He's SURE to find me adorably clever and irresistible.  So I bat my eyelashes one more time and say in my seductive Scarlett Johansson voice, "I'm stealing ALL the coffee."  And he, in turn, replied with an unamused, curt, "Oh no, you'll pay for that later."

Ummm.  Did I miss something?  Did I stumble into some bad lighting?  Did he fail to notice I'm wearing FRINGE, that's right, a fringe flapper dress?  Hello!! 

I clarified that I meant the coffee pot was empty so he simply got me a new one and with my now full cup of coffee I stumbled over to my favorite friend and sighed, "Flirt FAIL."

But hey, at least I got my coffee.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Ha, somebody obviously hadn't had their coffee yet and it wasn't you! Flaunt that flirt where it's appreciated darlin'.

    ReplyDelete