Thursday, August 11, 2011

But dahling, didn't you know?

It is a rare breed of person who can make criticism an art form.

They are the sly who push you to forthrightness in an effort to catch glimpses into the vulnerability that is your unconscious netting. 
Gaps and holes in your flaws give the critic cause for pause.
Did you know your life was lacking?
Leave it to moi to close those gaps.

And yet why is it after talking to such artists I am overwhelmed with the urge to hit my head against cement?

I cringe to consider I encourage any of this.
No, rather, they are the artists who need an inferior model to stand upon to reach such great heights.
Be my guest, little darlin', I'm all for the taking.
Just don't be surprised if that repetitious sound buzzing in your ear is my snoring.

Your rampant insecurity bores me.

But choose to abuse this illusion you deign friend.ship.
The day will draw nigh when familiarity lies in each terse good.bye.

Lucky you having a confidant in me
Lucky me having the prowess to wriggle free

No comments:

Post a Comment