Monday, August 22, 2011

My sunset. Not yours.

I was sitting on the beach, waiting eagerly for the sunset to begin. 
I had my books and my journal, my water bottle, my hoodie for when it would surely get cold. 
I was set. 
And as I sat there, smiling at the ocean, some young, shirtless stallion walked past my smile and grinned furiously back at me. 
His grin followed me as he continued glancing my way as he walked past and I was glad my sunglasses hid the expression surely covering my face.

You know that scene in My Big Fat Greek Wedding when Tulah has finally stepped out on her own and is working at the travel agency?  And as she happily goes to the water cooler she notices Ian staring at her from outside her window?  Ian smiles and waves sheepishly.  Tulah frowns and tries to hide behind the water cooler.

I had a Tulah moment with the beach stud.

I was doing my own thing, minding my own business and suddenly was being oggled like a toy in a display window.

It's hard to feel sexy and ooze scandalousness while soaking in the majesty of nature, contemplating life and love.

Apparently, some things are just inherent.

Or maybe he just really had a thing for chicks wearing heart sunglasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment