Sunday, November 6, 2011

Batman's my boyfriend

Do you know what's so great about Batman?
How he can simultaneously be unpredictable and reliable at the same time.
You never know what he might do or when he'll do it, but you know when you really need him, he'll always be there.
I love that about Batman.

He is my boyfriend, after all.
Well.....
as much as anyone can be Batman's girlfriend.
He has so many other people to protect, you know.

Life has turned upside down once again and it's hard to see anything clearly.
It seems I fail as a woman in more ways than one.
And it's hard looking anyone in the eye when apparently they are the gateway to my villianous ways.

But no matter how many people yell I am bad as I am there is a small flicker of fire within me that fights to believe they are all wrong.
ALL. Of. Them.

And whenever I need a dose of faith, Batman appears.
He exists to remind me I am not bad as I am.
But that I am lovely.

I need men like that in my life.

Mother says I keep having this effect on men, this overwhelming need to have me, powerless to resist my irresistibility.
And yet they continue to run away with their hands in the air as though I were trying to place a hex on them.
And I stand there blinking my eyes in the distance.
I merely wanted to love you.

How vile of me.

But for a moment, a much needed moment, I was reminded my heart does show through my eyes.
And I should keep my head up.
And simply walk forward.

I have nowhere else to go.
I have no reason to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment