Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hello again and possibly even goodbye

I deactivated my Facebook account for a week.
Some very unpleasant drama went down and all I wanted to do was hide from the world.
It was like some theme on a variation of last year and while you'd think an attention whore like myself would be thrilled to be watched by so many judging eyes I wanted to disappear completely.
Some perceptions are just too exhausting to try and deflect.

The thing I found amusing was I didn't miss it.
In fact I think it helped not having it.
Suddenly my days were focused on who I saw and talked to and not obsessing over what everyone was doing without me.
Curious, that social networking nonsense.

I reactivated my account because I realized I can't live my life afraid of what everyone's gonna think.
I could turn myself into a docile, stepford robot and still somehow manage to ruffle someone's petticoats.
It's a gift.
Some of us are so very blessed.

And while I'm not so foolish as to claim I. Don't. Care.
I can no longer care to the point I'm afraid to be anything other than I am.
I am a bold person.
I will most assuredly leave an impression.
And if those in the audience are so clouded with misconceptions to see who dances before them?
Well, then I bid them adieu.
Each and every one.

I cannot feign.
I simply am.
And goodbyes are far less painful than lies.
Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment