Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My new friend, Tim

I started going to a church I really like.
It has been years since I did that.
And two of my closest friends go to the same church.
I forgot how wonderful that is to fellowship together.

This particular church is really big, a lot like the one I grew up in.
And there are a lot of young people who go there.
There's unlimited free coffee with french vanilla creamer and muffins and orange juice after the service.
It's like the Disneyland of churches.

And even though I've only been going for a month I think it'd be really cool to meet a guy there.
Not like, The One, just a guy, any old guy.
Someone who doesn't run away when he learns how wonderful I am.
You know, someone like that.

So on this particular Sunday me and my friend, Giselle, took our sleepy rears to the 8am service and silently sipped on coffee while trying to wake up.
A few minutes passed and a gentleman came and sat down next to us.
Now, he was no Cary Grant, but he could definitely pass for Cary Grant's cousin.
Twice removed, but whatever.

We exchanged names and pleasantries during the meet and greet and as the service ended he smiled at me and said, It was really nice to meet you, Teresa.
Then he turned to Giselle and said, I'm sorry, what was your name again?
Nothing makes you feel quite so pretty so early in the morning as a man who remembers your name.
Fortunately Giselle was already spoken for so it was no skin off her nose.

We sat together, Giselle and I, munching away on treats and I glanced around the room.
There, talking with two other gentlemen was my new friend, Tim.
He saw me and smiled.

I met a boy, I thought. I met a boy at church.

All things really are possible.
And it's nice sometimes to drag myself out of bed and remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment