Saturday, November 12, 2011

I would like you to know I was right. You're welcome.

I have an overwhelming capacity to believe the best in people.
I've been told it's one of my worst qualities.
Simply because some assholes should warrant enough common sense to leave well enough alone.
But this asshole wants to believe they'll come around.
I'm a schmuck that way.

But the truth is, I think my perception of someone does have a great influence on how they'll behave towards me.
Like those times when someone's done something shitty.
Say, they said something untrue.
Now I could act awkward and indifferent around them, I could no longer talk to them the way I used to, or I could continue being my bubbly, happy self in spite of the colors they have revealed.
If I'm weird towards someone they in turn will be weird towards me.
And if I'm loving to someone....
it is my hope they'll return such sentiments.

Oh sure, dicks will be dicks.
And maybe my pearls will continue to be mistakenly cast aside.
But maybe they'll open up and make time for me when I desperately need them to.
Maybe they'll show support instead of hostility.
Maybe the enemies I loved will need me someday.
Anything is a possibility.

But to my delight and awe filled wonder, I watched someone's presumed indifference fall away.
And I'd like to believe I played a small role in that.
I believed in all they failed to see.
And how lovely to watch as they finally see it too, see all that is before them,
even see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment