Friday, April 15, 2011

G-Hubs

Do you ever have those moments when you think you're going somewhere because of a certain person or because you expect a certain something to happen that night only to find that the real reason you needed to go to that somewhere was for an entirely different reason?

I met an inspiration last weekend.

I was hitting the town with my new boyfriend (I use the term "boyfriend" loosely as he is clearly a homosexual).  But being that I am a lady now and not a mere girl I don't often have the energy to go clubbin' 'til the wee hours of the morning.  So I wasn't sure if I was really going to go out or not.  So we went and pre funked at his place (I love that having a cocktail now has such a scandalous title) and then we headed over to his friends place before going to the club.  I was still unsure about whether or not I wanted to go dancing because I could hear my satin pajamas calling my name.  Mmm!  Sooo silky!  But once I got to our second prefunk locale I met another love of my life.

This J-man was not only gorgeous, (I love pretty men, I really, truly do).  But he also had this fearless energy about him.  This playful, I'm so cute don't you want to take my picture? smile coupled with an edginess that warned, Don't fuck with me. 
Love. At. First. Sight. 
Why are you wearing a tie with a short sleeve shirt?  J-man's roommate asked him. 
The puppy dog look is really big this season, I keep trying to tell you that, J-man quickly snapped back. 
I giggled.  I really love men in ties.  So dreamy. 
He even made us a mixed cd for the night and burned ME a copy. 
Presents on our first encounter?  Oh you can absolutely buy my affection! 
I've been groovin' to my new cd while I drive around town. 
He titled it, Fuck me on the dance floor. 

You're a little in love with him too.
Don't lie.

But the best part of meeting my new love was that he is a Nordstrom rock star and within six months was promoted to being a personal stylist which usually takes years to do.  I was overwhelmingly impressed so I asked him a ton of questions and sought any advice he could give me about how to be a fellow rockstar.  I don't know if it was because he was a kindred spirit and just spoke in a way I totally understood or if it was just because he was so damn pretty, but I took what he said to heart, applied the new strategies at work the next day and doubled my sales from the previous day.

And all this week I just feel like I've finally settled into my job and I get it and I'm good at it and I love it. 

And if I wouldn't have dragged my lazy, too tired ass to go out that night I may have never met my inspiration.

Oh and I did go dancing. 
And I shook my ass off. 
And we were totally fierce.

Rock stars not only look the part, they know how to work it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment