Monday, June 20, 2011

If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will

My friend proved my point the other night that bros stick with bros.

Don't hold anything he said against him. We all say bad things. He's a good guy, he tried reassuring me.

My reaction was somewhere between a shudder and a meniacal laugh.
I have no idea what that must have looked like but I'm sure it was disturbing.

Why do we always have to convince each other that everyone is really good?  Wouldn't it be much easier to admit that some people are righteous messes and they are incapable of behaving in any sort of rational, loving way because their only relationships have been manipulated and controlled?  And that maybe because of such circumstances, life and tragedy people are not good the way Anne Frank and Disney encouraged us to believe?

I don't know that it's wise to believe everyone is good.  I think we're setting ourselves up to be attacked.  I'm not saying then that these people are bad but what if they're actually somewhere in between?  Blind faith and trust should not be placed in everyone and everything.  I think we can give people the benefit of the doubt but still guard our hearts while we're waiting to see if their claws will be revealed.  I think logic teaches that regardless of some peoples true motives, regardless of their heart and intentions some people are not good.  They behave badly. 

And they are bad for me.

Mountains crumble.
Miracles happen.
People do change.

But that doesn't mean I need to be in the audience while it happens.

I have my own show to star in.

This light's fought through enough clouds to be stifled behind any more.

Prove me wrong.
I'd love to hear one day all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment