Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Birthday Girl

A friend of mine asked me what my birthday words of wisdom were, what I'd learned over the past year, and I had to think awhile before I was sure what to say.
Sometimes there is so much to say the words stick together and coat my throat.
So I listened to what others had to say.
What they had to say about me.

Have you ever had several people sit around and tell you what they love most about you?
It's like being hugged by rainbows.

I love that I can call her and no matter what we talk about she is always honest.
I love that I'm always included.
I love that she always laughs. It is very validating.
I love that no matter how my day is going I can always count on Resa Sparkle to make things better.
I love that she just is who she is and she loves herself and is like, This is me! This is who I am!
I love that she's always been there, that she's been my friend for so long.
I love that she always holds me accountable and tells me what I need to hear even when I don't wanna hear it.

Love.
Overwhelming, comforting love.

I want to love.
I live to love.
And I am determined to pour my heart into every relationship I have.
No matter the fools who toss me aside.

So here is my birthday wisdom.


Tell your story.
Truthfully.

Seek out the people you need to have conversations with.
In spite of your trepidation.

Forget the things that got away.
Hope for the moon.

Always believe the best in people.
Even when they give you every reason not to.

Send Christmas cards.
Send any kind of card.

Wear red lipstick.
And smile sincerely.

Look at the stars more.
Remember you are beautiful.

Say a prayer for the ones who broke your heart.
And a prayer for the ones you know never could.

Believe you are worthy to receive superabundantly far over and above all that you could ever dare ask or hope for.

Buy yourself flowers.
And at least one amazing piece of jewelry.

Write.
Sing.
Laugh.
Persevere.

Love everyone.
Don't bother with worrying about how they feel.

There will always be someone to love you.
Your mom and dad, your brother, your best friend, the guy you have a really really big crush on.
And if someone somewhere along the way doesn't, it doesn't diminish your sparkle.
They merely miss the amazing beauty of being a part of it.

                        And what a magical sparkle it is.
                                      xoxoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment