Thursday, January 19, 2012

sights unseen

There are these moments
That disappear when I blink
Moments where you think something really beautiful
And those thoughts appear in your eyes

Sometimes my glance is quick
And catches each thought
As they dance from iris to iris
Mirroring the tentative hope twirling in my own eyes

Sometimes my glance is distracted
It looks with trepidation towards pasts clutch
Gripped tightly around each ankle
weighing slowly the steps I skip

There are these moments
That reappear when I sleep
Moments where I remember something really beautiful
And those thoughts appear in my dreams

Sometimes your role is brief
Our passions mere flickers
Heats rise and scatter
And you vanish before each eye blinks

Sometimes your role is vital
Your mere presence of great import
I run to your side
To stop from falling down the rabbit hole

And to both our surprise
You draw me close
Huddled together in silence
Willing the nights curtains consume us

No comments:

Post a Comment