Thursday, January 19, 2012

a song stirred your ghost awake

The years continue to ease by
You still haunt
And while I know we're not those kids anymore
The nervous whisperings shared huddled under trees
I wonder why must you stalk these thoughts

I, unawares, am drawn to your tall counterparts
Passions are greater
Connections stronger
And your image grows more and more faint
But still it lingers
Your presence nudging my mind

Did your card make you smile
Did it make you glad
I'm not like the rest
Did it make you sad
You lack the strength to write me back

My heart
No longer yours
Still skips a beat or two
When a shadow mirrors yours

Happy year, my lost love
My heart sings to you
Surely the mountain air carries each harmony your way

I am not yours
And yet
Still
I am no ones

No comments:

Post a Comment