Thursday, September 15, 2011

Mourning a Killed Krush

I sinfully enjoyed a crush as of late.
Indulging in it, basking in it, reveling in every possible fantasy.
His chocolate eyes devoured me like I was a hot fudge sundae.
And I blushed every time I caught my reflection in his eager face.

'Twas pure bliss.

A new crush is transcendent.
It's like walking through the looking glass.
Uncertain of what to expect each step is taken with delicious anticipation.
What might this day bring?
What words might spill forth?

But ever always, as with such illusions, fantasy gives way to reality.
And all at once the looking glass shatters inexplicably.
Words fail, so in silence, each shard is carefully scooped up into the dumpster of what once was infatuation.

The man child's true colors were revealed.
And I remain dizzy by the change in affection.
However are people so ingenuine?
Is it so easily possible to feign affection, to mock endearment?
What a wretched waste of such a woman.

And of such a crush.

Poetically my haste to indifference mirrored his deceit.

It is no wonder such a man is alone in the sea of people surrounding him.
Falsity run rampant through his veins and no beating heart can play music near such strangulation.

The poor dear.
If only I could pretend.
I'd wipe tears from those frozen eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment