Tuesday, September 27, 2011

a shooting star

If I could I'd take your pain away and leave in its place a love that inspires.
The love would comfort you and wrap your cold shoulders in its warmth.
Its patience would move at the gentle, glacial pace you craved and it would radiate when you closed your eyes and blinked them back open.

If I could I'd plant seeds in your mind, seeds of affection and trust.
So whenever you should doubt your own heart each loving word would grow.
And soon there'd be a garden in your mind, gleaming with quiet contentment. 
And the hurt would lessen and fade.
And you would smile more and cry less.

If I could I'd mirror the truth in your cheeks, in the smile betwixt your eyes.
And the glass you'd built around you would shatter amidst such heat.
And the broken shards would sprinkle around you and make you dance.
 And you would surprise yourself by all that was within you, all I was so joyful in seeing.
And you would think of me nights, remembering the way my eyes looked into yours.
And your longing would grow.
And you'd move mountains to find that crazy girl who saw what you were too broken to see.

You are wonderful, as you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment