Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gave You All

I'm running away to a time that's only mine
Where the trees that hug these paths paint a day that is sublime
And I will hide amidst the shadows and the light breaking through
And I will remember all that was, all that is too perfect to be true
And I will watch the spiders dance and weave their trials on display
And reassure them they are beautiful, that theirs is the only way
And I will crawl beneath the leaves that protect the exalted tree
And revel at the towering majesty revealed when silence frees
And I will think of you, knowing you would see all I feel, hear all I hear
If only you would muster the courage to close your eyes, falling from your fear
And I know with absence this distance weighs and breaths are strained
And your confused smiles stifle a mind that fights a love that is feigned

And I am alone
And I am free
And I am in you
And He is in me

And these little feet that carry a dance skipping each beat
Can't shake the love remaining within a hearts attempted defeat
Awaken, my troubled love, to the beauty surrounding you
Let's run away to all we know to be true
Take my hand, we'll conqueor them all,
Awaken your soul, allow it to fall

No comments:

Post a Comment