Monday, October 11, 2010

My Favorite


I wasn't sure I really understood the compliment You're like oxygen.  I knew it was praise, I knew that to breathe easier meant one was relaxed and calm, comforted, content.  But not until I began to find my own air stifling did I realize how truly serene it is to find someone who fills your soul like sweet oxygen.
I had found, in spite of my rebellious independence, a similar feeling, a comfort in the connection and presence of one that felt like a deep sigh of relief in contrast to the smothering, hate mongers who plotted and ployed and dropped their drops of acid upon me each time I turned my back.
He did not see as they saw, he did not deem as they deemed, he was incapable.  He only loved, selfishly, selflessly, stumbling love.
And I was grateful.
And I sat in the suns silence drinking in the serenity of my favorite place, the park that remained year after year, heartache after heartache, great fool after fool, as my reminder of all that ever was, all I'd already overcome, all that awaited my hopeful discovery.
And I felt the sublime oxygen of the Purely Selfless.  The lack of people, the temperate breeze, the beauty that enfolded me were gifts from my Love.  He comforted when all else was taken away.  And heaving deep breaths of remembrance, I accepted the truth that painted all others beige.
My rainbow sparkles in spite of their clouds.
 My weakness lays fine grounds for His strength.
I am not defeated by my love, I draw strength from it.
And He delights in pushing me past the realms I thought I'd reach.
And such a long way have we left to go.
Smiling, I stand and walk again.
This too shall pass.
And I will never go wrong believing the best in people.
They too have a long way to go.
But I have already ran ahead and none of them can catch me.
And what a joy to never glance behind.  There is so much to see right in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment