Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Never say never

Do you know what I love most about my friends?
I love how they often think so differently from me.
They can shed light on things I've never understood clearly.
And sometimes they just say things I completely disagree with.
But THAT helps me understand why I do believe what I do.

I met with a friend earlier today. 
We were talking about sordid pasts.
And I opened up about my Pollyanna idealism that one day our paths would cross and our interactions would be different.
You will never be friends, she told me.
And it made me realize something.

I am not a Never kind of gal.
Was my friend wrong in her surmise?
Probably not.
If the past were made into a flow chart, a power point presentation and a poll of all parties involved then I'm sure all liklihood, all evidence, all logic, reason and sanity would agree with my friends conclusions.

But I subscribe to the theory of All Possibility.
Not probability.
Mountain moving, jaw dropping, shock the crap right out of you possibility.

Regardless of whether or not we will ever be friends, I, Resa that I am, will hold fast to the fact we could be friends. 
ALL things are possible to those who believe.

If God wants someone to be in your life He can light a fire under their scrawny ass to email you.
If He wants someone out of your life He will make sure they stay in the mountains for good.

It's as easy as pie.
Boysenberry pie.
Which I'm currently off of.
For the moment, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment