Thursday, March 17, 2011

Next Time

Next time I'll be more open.
I won't be so nervous.
Next time when I speak I'll erase the phrase never mind from my sentences.
And you will too.

Next time I'll sit next to you instead of across from you.
And I'll hold your hand and reassure you things will be okay.
Next time I'll tell you that I'll always be here, even as time will change my significance.
And I'll tell you how grateful I am you're so different.

Next time I'll tell a witty story that gives you a side ache from laughing so hard.
And our laughter will be so loud people will glare from nearby tables.
Next time we'll shop at my favorite store and pick outfits for the other to try.
And then we'll find matching shirts in the most hideous print we can find.

Next time you'll tell me something true.
And a secret you forgot you were hiding.
Next time I won't look away when your eyes look so deep into mine.
And I'll listen to all they are saying.

Next time you'll tell me what you were actually thinking each time you stopped midway through a sentence.
And I'll be bold enough to tell you why I couldn't sleep.

Next time you'll bring me flowers.
Next time I'll kiss you goodbye.
In case I've used up all my next times.

No comments:

Post a Comment