Wednesday, March 16, 2011

They like me

There is a woman who works at my store who is...well...
You know Mrs. Snow in Pollyanna?
The one whose always sick and complaining about dying?
Who wants lambs broth if you bring her roast chicken?
Well, she's as likable as her.

Don't get my reference?
Let's just say she's a bitch-a-rooni-dooni.
The Shrew, if you will.

But somehow, clearly Divine Favor, she likes me.  I don't quite know what I did to win her over.  Just trying to be my loving, positive self to all I encounter.  And the other day she told me how fantastic I am.  I like you.  And I don't like everybody, she said.  She even helped me book an appointment for an event we're having.  Anyone else I'd just put it in my name.  But to help you out?  I will do it for you!

Unbelievable.

I also offered to close her tills for her so she could leave early.  Have you noticed nobody does that? she asked.  So she was very grateful.  I'm quite certain I heard her say I love you as she was leaving.

It's amazing what favor walking in love will earn you.

And those 15 appointments I needed to book in the next four days?
I booked 14 in one day.
I have the raddest friends in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment