Wednesday, March 16, 2011

When you wish upon a star

I'm not really sure why but my inner child made a fierce break the other night.

I took Maggie to see Tangled which was FAN-TA-STIC. 
I remembered why I love Disney so damn much.
That was so good, Maggie turned to me when the credits started rolling.
I know, I agreed.  I'm almost 30 and I just cried at a Disney movie.
Me too! she laughed.

And sometimes you need a good Disney cry.

Good always overcomes evil.
The prince always comes through in spite of his uncharming qualities.
The princess discovers the magic was always within her.
No matter what color her hair.

It was just so simple.  And sweet. 
And so fun to laugh at something light hearted.
I guess I hadn't done that in awhile.

And it was swell.

I even went to the grocery store afterward to get a few things and got myself some easter candy and cheetos puffs.  I am quite certain I have no idea what year it was the last time I bought puffs but I can tell you I was very excited about them.  I told the cashier I was channeling my inner kid that day.  And she admitted she'd been eyeing the robin eggs too.

It was the same day I worked my last Starbucks shift and as weird as this may sound I was kind of bummed about it.  I know I have this new, fantastic job and I couldn't be happier!  But Starbucks was such a part of my life for so long, so many friends and romances were wrapped up in it, leaving it felt kind of sad. 
In some odd way it was like admitting it was all really over.
And it was time to really close the book and put it on the shelf. 
No pages were to be ear marked for possibility anymore.

And I guess I wasn't quite ready to be a grownup.

But thankfully, I still have Disney.

And something tells me my happy ending will also involve an unlikely prince.
In spite of my hacked off brunette hair.
Or maybe because of it.

You never know, right?

Dreams always come true in Disney.

No comments:

Post a Comment