Saturday, September 4, 2010

Disjointed Fragments

"For our knowledge is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect), and our prophecy (our teaching) is fragmentary (incomplete and imperfect). But when the complete and perfect (total) comes, the incomplete and imperfect will vanish away (become antiquated, void, and superseded)."--1 Cor 13:9-10


I've started reading works by different philosophers which I'm finding extremely interesting. It's a wonder to me that I have yet to read much philosophy considering how many significant men in my life have been extremely interested and influenced by the topic. I thought of Violet in "It's a Wonderful Life," when she said, "George, don't you ever get tired of just reading about things?" And I suppose for me, I got tired of just hearing about things.

I'm in love with this new hummus I just bought by Sabra. Sure it's not as amazing as when you make your own, with a jar of tahini, a can of ground chickpeas and add a hint of lemon juice. But this brand even adds oil and paprika in the same sort of swirl that I became such an expert at creating for years. It's funny how the smallest parts of your life are the ones you'll carry with you always. And those parts that seemed to fill the entirety of it can dissipate into nonexistence.

"So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void (without producing any effect, useless), but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." --Is 55:11

In reference to this scripture, I read a comment, "usually people who have verbal gifts also have some glaring weakness in the area of their mouth." As Miss Kate often says, "don't take the bait." It's so easy to say that and so much more difficult when situations arise.

I got dairy free ice cream tonight, "so delicious" chocolate peanut butter. Whoever said going Vegan would be tough has clearly never tried this! And I've concluded that more introverts should go vegan; one is unable to participate in many group eating activities, so while the masses are chowing on their pizza, one, quietly and in solitaire munches on their salad, undisturbed, if only for a brief moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment