Saturday, September 4, 2010

Relief

I find it most curious the times that everybody seems to be wrong about something they are equally convinced about and within seconds they can all be instantly correct. As though some greater force fueled by their belief manifested their dillusions into fact. Witnessing such an anomaly firsthand is one part startling, two parts amusing and just a skosh of annoyance.


Why is it the people who do care are frightened to and the people who aren't affected care more from obligation than a desire to? I'm learning that my patience for insolence is waning and you'd think that as I grow older my patience would multiply. But in the areas of deception and cowardice I find I'd rather read Dostoevsky solitaire than walk alongside a liar. Maybe that makes me unforgiving. I'd like to think it makes me saavy.

And it's amazing the way this little pistol rebounds. "You recover well." And then some. "What was your name again?" I remembered when I said my prayers and forgot when I opened my eyes the next morning. Out with the old. Out with the redundant. The repetitious. The misunderstood lion.

These sideways glances no longer do the trick. And the beeping phone is growing tired, kid. aren't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment