Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sunset Surprises

I often take the same route when I walk around Bellevue. I suppose there is something comforting about routine but moreso, I just enjoy the scenery. Usually when I get to the end of the street where the beach is I turn around and head back (for some reason I believed it was one of the private beaches). But tonight, after learning it's one I can meander along I sat next to the water, just me and the birds and the waves and caught the end of the sunset and watched it shift to twilight and then saw the big dipper appear. It was so gorgeous. And there was something even more stellar in knowing I was the only one on that beach taking it all in. It's funny how sometimes the biggest blessings are the ones you stumble upon accidentally. And it also was so picturesque it inspired me to write a bit and that is always a good thing.


I got another "gig" singing the national anthem this weekend, only this time at a Polo game. I also have made a couple new friends in unlikely places and discovered unexpected compassion in others. I suppose it's a week for learning. I have found people are often more than what I may think and I'm needed in ways I didn't plan on. I've been longing a bit for my old kindred spirits but finding strength in knowing the people who I love will be there whenever I may return and meanwhile, there are people, quite close, who are in need of the friendship I have to offer.

I also feel like even after only two months, I'm learning a lot about what I really want, in terms of my future; what's more important and less than what I'd imagined. Why is it we can so easily convince ourselves of things and just as quickly change our minds so entirely? I suppose we all have a little fickle Romeo running about inside us.

Wherefore canst thou always be what I search for, in need?

Ah, in truth, fair one, your needs were already met in entirety before thou couldst thinkest to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment