Saturday, September 4, 2010

The power of life and death....

....is in the tongue. And we reap the harvest of the words we speak. If I'm honest with myself then I must confess that the times I have given in to saying what I want to, even if I know it is not something that honors that person or me or anyone for that matter, it never ends up blessing anyone or causing anyone joy. If anything, it has ended up changing relational dynamics. Or bringing my spirit down to the level of my speech. Positive lives don't develop out of negative speech. Yet knowing and doing are rarely so closely intertwined. What a novelty to have ones words and actions correspond. And here I simply blamed the male population. *gulp* hypocrisy thy name is thee.


If knowing is half the battle, then doing must be the remainder and in some instances, NOT doing is the way to go. Sometimes letting well enough alone is the best thing to do. There are so many moments to decide yay or nay. But emotions give way to passions which make for nebulous days and muddled certainties. The truth shall certainly set you free, so long as 'tis the truth and nothing feigned or scripted. Such actors often mistake their stage and waste scripts' lines on deaf ears and moot faces where melodies ring flat to sharp tongues.

choose this day what you will use your power for...

No comments:

Post a Comment