Saturday, September 4, 2010

Is he gay or European?

So in the mansion we have code words for different things so that while we're giving tours we can communicate with each other without the guests knowing what we're talking about. For instance goose means hurry it up, molasses means go slower, marmelade means there's a hottie on this tour. ;) (you know, all the important stuff)


So yesterday, I'm giving a tour and there is the most GORGEOUS guy on my tour. Not only is he beautiful but he's grinning at me the whole time I'm giving my tour and he talks with what sounds like an Eastern European accent. I am so distracted and I usually don't let that stuff get to me. At one point as I walked into the dining room, he was the first one in the room and the other guests were taking their sweet time following us and so as he stood there smiling at me, I stopped talking and just smiled back. I was quite amused that I was becoming all tongue tied. When I passed off my tour (handed it over to the servant to finish the second half of the tour) I mentioned how my dog Pansy, would want some more of those marmelade biscuits because she just adores them! ;) It was great that Liz knew exactly what I meant and everyone else was none the wiser.

After my tour I went downstairs and shared my story and how a flutter I was and Matty, being the super great Stanford that he is, offered to give the guy my number if he saw him. And I thought, why not. I'll never see him again, carpe diem. So as I'm sitting, reading, waiting for my next tour, Matty comes to find me, smirking proudly. "Don't tell me I never do anything for you," he says. And evidentally went to find Mr. Dreamy Mcdream and told the said gentleman that I had wanted him to have this. ("this" being the piece of paper with my name and phone number on it). Of course we get all giddy over the whole thing, even nothing will come of it, but tis fun to wonder.

Soooo.....later that evening, after our murder mystery, I go to my room and check my phone and what should be there but some new text messages! (don't get me started on the fact that men no longer call us anymore, we are a generation of texting....) And this is what the text read:

"Hi Teresa! It was nice today imagining to be part of those old times......1881. Since I'm single you should ask your mommy if she knows some rich guy from Newport to be my husband :-) I'm in Boston right now. It was nice to meet you today Ms. Astor :-) "

The best part is that the first time I read the text, I honestly was so excited I skimmed right past the part that is so blaringly and obviously the most important part of the text......He is GAY!!! Why why why must I always fall for the beautiful, often European men who turn out to be gay? The fact that I have zero gay-dar makes the repetition of this occurrence all the more humorus. I suppose tis possible that it was a typo since there were other typos (which I Edited here) and English is obviously not his first language, but highly unlikely. I talk about on tours how "Mumby" (my characters mother) is always playing match maker and on tour, since he said he was unmarried, I told him I'd seat him next to my sister-in-law, a lovely debutante.

*Le Sigh*

Perhaps I'll at least have a new gay boyfriend..... ;op

No comments:

Post a Comment