Saturday, September 4, 2010

M.A.C.

I love makeup. I know that comes as a HUGE shock to all of you. If who we are is rooted in our upbringing then perhaps my cosmetic love affair stems from the fact that when I was seven, my Mother encouraged me, while most mothers wouldn't let their children touch the stuff, "do you wanna put on makeup??" I worked for Estee Lauder for a season or two but ended up leaving because of a less than loving manager (Rule 222: Never let anyone run you out of the best job you ever had). I then proceeded to try out many different jobs but have yet to find one that seems to be very Resa-fied. I have been feeling as of late that I really want to get back in cosmetics because I really love and miss it. Even if it was as arbitrary as lipstick, it felt good helping a woman feel more beautiful in her own skin. Well, I am going to be home in January and not yet sure what job may lay ahead for me, but as I was boarding my plane back to Rhodie in Chicago, I got a phone call. It was the manager from the M.A.C. store in Bridgeport back home, who still had my resume from YEARS ago! She wanted to interview me that week, which I couldn't do since I have three and a half more months left of my contract. But what a blessing! Not only do the kids at that store always seem to be having a blast together playing with makeup all day, they don't work on commission and the pay is very excellent. I don't know if it will be possible for a position to be available in January when I return, but when I called the manager back she told me they are always hiring freelance and to give her a call when I returned to Portland. Who knows what will end up working out but I felt like it was Gods way of letting me know His timing is perfect and He can make anything happen. Truly ANYTHING. I mean, goodness, I applied to that store about....three or four years ago? And never heard from them THEN. But now, as I have been feeling compelled to return to that line of work and as I am approaching moving back home, it felt really good knowing, it is always in His hands.


If you think of me in your prayers, it would mean a lot to me. I know if it's meant to be He will work it out. Isn't it great just knowing He's out there moving mountains in each of our lives as we lay fast asleep??

No comments:

Post a Comment