Saturday, September 4, 2010

The hair's NOT the thing....or is't??

You know those days where you let something just get under your skin? And you know you're obsessing and should let it go but something about it all just gets your goat and your stubborn pride refuses to let it be?


I had someone tell me once I wasn't artsy. Moi?? Yeah. Not artsy. Of course their definition and mine may not have alligned but aren't there certain classifications that are irrefutable and just ARE?


*ahem* Definition of arty aka artsy, as per dictionary.com


showily imitative of art or artists
Of or relating to artists or the fine arts.
Showily or affectedly artistic.
characterized by a showy, pretentious, and often spurious display of artistic interest, manner, or mannerism.
Also, artsy.

I rest my case. Moi, in a painted, velvet lined, diamond clad nut shell. A-R-T-S-Y.


How can a Portland grown vegan who majored in music and theatre not be artsy? I read Dostoevsky and listen to Rachmanninoff and eat fattoush and wear scarves. I AM artsy.

Why did I care? "You're letting him get to you," the wise Betty Ann informed me. Yeah, I was. And I knew that. But I was obsessing. Someone I mistakenly cared about had a false impression of me. Not just wrong. The antithesis of truth. As if this lost kids take on things mattered greatly in the scheme of things that encompassed Resa. But it still got to me. Right THERE. All because I had yet to read some book put upon by this schmuck on the elitist artsy reads list. Ha. Tis to laugh. But why is it so immportant what others think of us? YOU know who you are. You know what makes you that freak of a special snowflake. Why do blue eyes and long hair have a power to make me question the givens and the obvious? *sigh* I've decided some secret lies in the hair. Guys who have beautiful hair should not be trusted. There's something that links it, I swear. They're two faced. Maybe they don't have the ability to use the power of beauty for good and that is why tis rarely bestowed upon males. Ha ha ha. Ok, ok, so maybe it has nothing to do with it, but come on, are the "nice" guys sporting hair you secretly envy or do the nice guys have the kind of hair you don't even think twice about, let alone notice? Think about it....I bet you start noticing the significance of hair....

No comments:

Post a Comment